Thursday, March 8, 2012

JVS Speedlights Workshop - DC

JVS hosted another information-packed workshop on speedlights, complete with equipment used for each and every setup and plenty of hands-on practice time for each attendee.  I took his workshop two years ago, and this is the 2nd time I've assisted, and I still pick up nuggets of information each time.  Joseph is a down-to-earth guy who is amazingly talented, and I feel truly honored to know him and his (also amazingly talented) wife, Anne!

Here are some BTS pics of JVS and the lucky students who took the workshop.


Susan and Rob assembling the setup after JVS demonstrated how all the pieces fit together.


Heather and Maria - setup complete.



Beauty dish demo.


My sweet (and beautiful!) friend Megan Beth.  I was using the Bruce Dorn strip bank - one of my favorite modifiers!


Answering questions...


More instruction...



Drawing a diagram to demonstrate his reception lighting.


I'm a firm believer in constantly learning and pushing myself and my work forward, and I love seeing other photographers do the same.  It was a great day and a great workshop!  Also, many, many thanks to Drew Xeron and Ryder Haske for the use of their 52 O Street studio!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Laurie: Beautiful photos. So nice to see you again. That was indeed a great day.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great seeing you again too, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!