Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunrise


(Written this morning...)

There is nothing more glorious than a beautiful sunrise.  Except for more than 1.5 hrs sleep.  But since the latter didn’t happen, I’ll gladly take the former.  I’ve lived in Virginia for 23 years and this is the first time I’ve ever taken a commuter train.  Despite the 4:30 a.m. rise to get to Union Station after getting home late from shooting a wedding yesterday, I’m sitting on the train and taking in the sights of trees starting to change into their fall golds and reds.

I questioned traveling to New York in the middle of a busy wedding season (sleep is more precious than gold to me - ask my husband, who knows how cranky pants I can get), but seeing this morning’s warm golden sun rise gently in the sky and bathe all of God’s creation in its soft light has already made the lack of sleep worth the trip.  And cranky pants is currently at bay.

So here’s to a new day and new adventures; may they all be this beautiful...


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!