Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Relaxing In New York City + Martha Stewart Party Sneak Peek

Sometimes I just need a little time away.  Whether it's immersing myself in a good book or going for a drive out in country, a little escape helps me to regroup and refresh.  This time my getaway was a trip to NYC.  And while I thought I would be super busy and that there was no way I could relax in the city, I found myself with plenty of time to walk around Central Park yesterday, listening to birds chirping in the trees; hearing the steady pace of runners come up from behind and then pass me; catching fleeting conversations of employees on their lunch break or friends having a picnic in the afternoon; and watching tourists take pictures of squirrels.  Yes.  Squirrels.  I don't know what it is about those furry little creatures, but I see this phenomenon all the time in DC.  Someone standing next to a national monument in our nation's capital......taking a picture of a squirrel.

While I didn't take many photos as I walked around (especially not of squirrels), I did snap a few here and there to remember how good it felt to relax and unwind....



Aaaaannnd....I can't wait to tell you about the Martha Stewart Party last night!  I'll be blogging the details in the next day or two, but for now here's a sneak peek!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!