Friday, October 14, 2011

My Ties To Kate Middleton

She wanted me to photograph her wedding, but the Royal Family wasn't having any of that.  Alright, so maybe that was a daydream.  But...I did touch her wedding dress!  Well, okay, maybe not THE dress, but I did touch the lace from which Kate Middleton's dress was made.  And that has to be some sort of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon thing, right?

Famed French lacemaker Sophie Hallette has asked Liv of Enchanted Atelier to design a couture accessories collection from the Dutchess of Cambridge Leaver's lace pattern - the lace used by Alexander McQueen for Kate Middleton's wedding gown.  And not only did Liv bring the lace over to my house for some photography, but I also got to see the pieces she made from it during our recent photo shoot for her Spring 2012 collection.  I can't wait to release the images from the shoot after the collection launches at New York Bridal Market this weekend!

I'm also excited to be joining Liv at Market for a couple of days. After shooting a rehearsal dinner tonight and a wedding tomorrow, I'll be taking an eeeaaarrrrly train to NYC Sunday morning.  I think caffeine will be the word of the weekend!

Now here's another sneak peek from our photo shoot of one of the new heirloom quality pieces from Liv's  collection.  I'm also excited to see this image featured on the blog What Kate Wore!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!