Monday, May 7, 2012

You Are The Peanut Butter To My Jelly

You build me up when I’m feeling worn down.

You are my compass when I’m feeling lost.

When I’ve had a rough day you console me, even if you’ve had a rough day of your own.

When I’m overwhelmed and want to hide under a rock, you ARE my rock - my fortress, my strength.

The days I feel like I’m just not good enough you encourage me to keep going and tell me how proud you are of me.

When I haven’t had a chance to shower and my hair is a wreck and I’m not wearing any makeup and am feeling my most self-conscious, you tell me I’m the most beautiful woman in the world.  And then I roll my eyes.  But you say you’re serious and then tell me how much you love me.

You never complain about helping me fold the laundry, and our sock throwing wars always make me laugh.  You keep me young.

You are my fitness coach, therapist, and problem solver.  

You are my best friend.

You are the peanut butter to my jelly.  You hold me together when I’m a mess.

You encourage me to pursue my dreams and you support me in all my endeavors.

You are more than I could ask for and everything I didn’t know I needed.

Happy 7-year Anniversary to the most amazing man I know.  I love you, Chris!




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture! When I first saw it in your mom's office (before I even met you), I thought that you looked like the most fun and happy couple. I've since found out that you are!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was amazing. I was so happy I was able to make it up there to see such a wonderful woman marry my cousin. You made a perfect addition to our family. Love and miss you both. Happy Anniversary!

    Love,
    Ria-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet sandwich the two of you make! cute post, laurie! happy anniversary, guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!