Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Showit Freedom Tour

Can I just tell you how much DC rocked the house on Monday?  We packed the downstairs of Ebenezer's Coffee House to learn more about Showit and be inspired by some seriously talented individuals in the photography (and graphic design) industry!

After Kevin provided some one-on-one training, Molly Jenson entertained us all with her smooth sound as people trickled in, caught up with old friends, and made new ones.  And not only is Molly super nice, but the girl is funny as well.  Seriously.  She's got jokes.  I picked up her new album "Maybe Tomorrow" and I love it!


David Jay kicked off the line-up with some words of inspiration, and The Boudoir Divas took the stage.  I've never really considered doing boudoir before, but their work is so tasteful and beautiful that I may give it a second thought.  Maybe.  In the future.  The very distant future.


Jim Davis Hicks.  Not only is he a great photographer, but he also gives back to the world.  And he gives back big.  He founded Thirst Relief International, an organization that helps provide safe drinking water to thousands of families each year. To read more about this organization's efforts or make a donation, click here


And last, but certainly not least, was Promise Tangeman.  (Yes, that's her real name!)  She is super sweet, super fun, and super talented!  I hate to pick favorites, but I'm going to!  She was my favorite speaker of the evening.  Probably because she's a graphic designer (she speaks my language!) as well as a photographer.  So everything she talked about resonated with me.  I had a chance to talk with her at the end of the night, and I absolutely love this girl!


You always hear about how nice of a guy DJ is, but....  Okay, it's absolutely true.  I only talked to him for a minute, but he is one of the most down-to-earth, sincere guys I've ever met.  Thank you, DJ, for your constant inspiration and genuine love for others.  Also, thank you for bringing the Showit Freedom tour to DC!!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a great event! It's so rare that these West Coast photographers come to town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, we have to jump on these opportunities! Thank you again for the email/website list - you are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!