Sunday, June 27, 2010

Naval Academy Wedding: Katie & Jared

Can I just tell you about this church?!  It was un-believable!  If all churches had the amazing light, architecture, detail and color that this church had, I would be in wedding photographer heaven. 

The weather was beautiful.  The day was picture perfect.  And then it took an unexpected turn.  I was set to 3rd shoot for Melissa Manzione Photography.  I arrived at her home and we briefly discussed the schedule of the day.  Then Melissa, Nick and I gathered up our gear and headed for her car.  But we all stopped short before we reached it.  One of the windows had been completey smashed in the back, her car broken into, shards of glass littering the ground.  Nick stayed back to call the police and insurance company.  Melissa and I got into my car, and plan B was quickly formulated.  I was thrust into position as 2nd shooter and given the responsibility of photographing the groom, groomsmen and swordsmen on my own, and I was excited to step up to the task.

Jared and his groomsmen looked handsome in their dress whites and dress blues.  Let me tell you, there is just something about a man in uniform that makes me swoon!  They were all absolute sweethearts and I loved getting to spend time with them.

And when I later met Katie, I could see why Jared was so in love with her.  She is a doll, just sweet as can be.  And they were so in love, and so happy - it couldn't have been more evident than in the way they embraced and looked into each other's eyes.

Thank you, Katie and Jared, for allowing me to share in your special day.  And, thank you, Melissa, for the opportunity to 2nd shoot alongside you.  I love working with you and can see why your clients love you!











Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, love the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie...these are SO amazing--your attention to detail makes these pictures even more incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!