Friday, February 10, 2012

A BABY Shower For My Best Friend!

A couple weekends ago, we celebrated little Baby Jake during my best friend's baby shower.  Kelly, Stacey and I hosted Becca's shower in, of course, a blue and white color scheme.  And having photographed so many weddings and seen so many amazing candy tables, I just couldn't resist having one of our own!  Group texts were flying back and forth the week before the shower - "how many balloons? what kind of flowers? where can I find this candy? what serving dishes do you have?" - and we had so much fun putting it together (well, minus the 9pm paper pom-pom "zshoujing" - that's "fluffing" for those of you who have never done this).  We were pretty sure we would fall asleep still hearing the sounds of crinkling tissue paper.  But on the day of the shower, Becca was surrounded by those who love her, and it made all those trips to the party store and everywhere else worth it!


The strings of circles dangling from the ceiling were made by my mother-in-law, Janet, and I think they look amazing with the pom poms!


The fireplace banner was dreamed up by Stacey and crafted by her and my mother-in-law (Stacey's mom!).







Our friend Kristen made these deeelicious Oreo cupcakes!


Donald Duck riding a motorcycle made of diapers??  Does it get any cuter than that?!


The ladies - my beautiful friends!!


We love you Becca, and can't wait to meet Baby Jake!!  xo... Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an amazing job not only planning this beautiful shower, but also capturing every little detail so I can remember such a special day always!
    (Looking at the pictures, I felt like I was there again!)
    I can't wait to show these pictures to Jake when he's a little older, too. :)
    Thank you, Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Shower!! I'm sure Becca felt VERY spoiled!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Amazing decorations! Love every detail! I am actually planning a shower for a GIRL! I think i will copy some of your ideas! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog love!